Thursday 9 September 2010

Diaspora Update

You may recall my writing about the decentralised social networking platform, Diaspora a few months ago after I contributed to it financially. The project is now close to a release.  They plan to open source their current code on September 15 (or 16 for those of us on this side the of dateline).  They will then be releasing an alpha version of Diaspora in October.


Will I grab the code and install it?  Probably.  I'm interested in the progress but I'm not overly fussed with alpha releases.  They can be hard work.  However, I feel almost obliged to install it as someone has to help track bugs and provide feedback and I have ranted enough to people about the disintegration of the concept of privacy on the web that to not help out would be a bit hypocritical.

If I do install it, I will post a few updates here.

0 comments: