Friday 1 January 2010

New Year

It's a beautiful new year's day.  Very fine and clear although a little cool.  I've been awake since around 4:30am, had a rare beef sandwich and a cup of Iron Goddess of Mercy tea for breakfast, and have vowed to not clean up any of the mess left around the place by the drunken revellers of last night.


And it is a mess.  Bottles and glasses everywhere, instruments and PA system littered throughout the garage, the remains of a fire in our driveway still burning, chairs and sun umbrellas strewn around the place and the occasional early riser wandering  around blankly.  I didn't make the mess as I got bored and went to bed and read for a couple of hours before nodding off only to be woken by Camille coming in to tell me that it was 2010.


I tend to get bored by parties. Music turned up loud enough that people have to shout at each other to be heard, lots of people shouting at each other, people gradually getting drunk - these things just don't have the attraction for me that they did in my youth. These days I prefer a few people around, interesting and amusing conversation, music low enough so that I don't have to shout to be heard or strain to hear etc. 


0 comments: