Friday 24 October 2008

Car Music

I have a seven minute drive to work each day and I tend to listen to music during the drive. Often I will select one track and play it each day during the drive to and from work. Camille doesn't understand this but I find I often hear tracks quite differently from play to play.

Recently I have been listening to Benny Goodman's band doing "Sing Sing Sing" which at 8 minutes 43 seconds leaves me sitting in my car in the carpark waiting for the music to finish.

A couple of weeks ago I was listening to Patti Smith's version of Nirvana's "Nevermind". I think that one drove Camille crazy though she does (perhaps 'did') like it.

My longest session with one piece of music was about eight months of listening to the remix version of Iggy and the Stooges' "Raw Power". This long session wasn't due to my fascination with the music. It was more due to the fact that the CD was stuck in the CD player and I couldn't be bothered removing it.

Eventually I sold the CD with the car still wrapped around it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

8 minutes!!?!?!! Tres jealous.

Unknown said...

It's better than 8 minutes. It's 7 minutes and that's on open road. No traffic jams at all!